The Pam Steitz Scholarship Program has been established to allow all Sun Prairie children to take part in KIDS-4 and other age-appropriate Sun Prairie Media Center programs and activities.
About the Scholarship Program:
- In 2010, Pam Steitz retired from Sun Prairie Media Center after 25 years of service. Through the years, Pam saw many changes at the station, but one thing that stood the test of time is the KIDS-4 program and the children in it. Her belief in the power of the KIDS-4 program is the foundation of the Pam Steitz Scholarship.
- In 2014, with the blessing of Pam Steitz, it was decided to broaden the scope of the Pam Steitz Scholarship to include other SPMC youth-oriented programs such as the Media Production Club and Summer Workshops.
- Only residents of the City of Sun Prairie or students enrolled in the Sun Prairie Area School District are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Program.
- Financial assistance is available to any families experiencing a financial hardship.
- Only one scholarship will be awarded per family per year per household. A household is defined as all persons living at the same address. Scholarships will be awarded based on the availability of funds. Families must re-apply each program year.
- Scholarships cover 50% of the program fees.
Applying for a Scholarship:
- No documentation is required to request or be approved for assistance. However, the Sun Prairie Media Center reserves the right to request documentation at any time for audit purposes.
- All requests and documentation are kept confidential.